Wednesday, April 2, 2014

Avocado Hummus

This hummus recipe is one that I picked up from my daily Pinterest search. There are many different variations to this great dip! My rule of thumb is to try them all until you find the best one. Although, I will say that you can't go wrong with this recipe! I've had many types of hummus (mostly store bought) this was my first try at making it from scratch. The reviews that I have received from vegans and non-vegans about this recipe has been overwhelming. This basically meaning that I need to post the recipe for other's to enjoy. The original recipe yields about 4 to 6 servings. My recipe will be for double the original portion size. Peace...

Avocado Hummus
2 15oz cans of cannellini beans, rinsed and drained
4 medium avocados
1.5 cups of arugula (packed)
4 tablespoons of fresh lemon juice
3 garlic cloves
Kosher Sea Salt (to taste)
Ground Black Pepper (to taste)
4 tablespoons EVOO
2 pinches of cayenne pepper

*You can use a blender or food processor for this recipe, just make sure that you blend well. The consistency should be thick and creamy...

No comments:

Post a Comment